I went to an early Halloween party two weeks ago and decided to go as an Evil Queen, based loosely on the character in Snow White. It was super easy to achieve. I picked up a crown for $2.50 from a junk shop and wore a long sleeved black and purple dress I bought on a costume website for cheap.
Obviously, the most fun part for me was doing my makeup. It was actually quite a simple look to achieve using minimal products.
- Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in 01 White mixed in with a foundation in my skin tone. I can't remember which one I mixed it with!
- Napoleon Perdis Color Disc in Scarlett Woman
- Napoleon Perdis Blush Patrol
- Mary Kay Gel Eyeliner in Jet Black
- MAC Lipstick in Hang-Up
- Illamasqua Limited Edition False Eye Lashes in Bat
The Illamasqua lashes were absolutely amazing and really completed the spooky look. Despite the size, they were actually very comfortable to wear and didn't feel too heavy on the lashline. You can purchase them now in a duo with a limited edition Nail Varnish in Swarm for $36. Or purchase the products individually for $22.
My second look was something I created whilst playing around with some special effects products I picked up at IMATS in September. I used liquid latex for the first time as well as fake blood and I came up with this Bloody Mary look which nearly brought my mother to tears because she said it looked so horrible!
- Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in 01 White. I really wanted to make my already pale skin more ghostly and this was the perfect product for the job.
- Ben Nye Stage Blood
- Napoleon Perdis China Doll Gel Eyeliner in Alabaster (not sure if this product is still available but any white eyeliner will work)
- Gorgeous Cosmetics Eyeshadows to contour cheeks and eyes. Sorry, can't remember the shade names but any type of greyish, taupe or light purple tones will work.
- Mehron Liquid Latex
- Any black eyeshadow for the eyebrows, I used a Gorgeous Cosmetics shade from one of my palettes.
So these are two relatively quick and easy looks that you can go a bit crazy with and not have to make too perfect. There are plenty of tutorials on YouTube for similar looks so go and get inspired!