In the new year I will be aiming to put together a wider range of content including travel, food and entertainment while still focusing on beauty. So while the blog will be expanding, it will still remain true to what it has always been.
Before Jess publishes her first post here I thought it would be a good idea to have you guys get to know her a little better, so I've asked her to answer a few beauty related questions.
What are your Holy Grail beauty products?
- Cle de peau concealer: Yes, it's pricey. but I have horrible undereye bags that are hereditary and I've tried every concealer, and they've all paled in comparison. It's SUPER full coverage and a little goes a LONG way, so one tube will last forever! I take a small brush and dip it in my concealer, and place it on the hollow indent of my bags, and voila!
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow: Just as the name suggests, the palette gives you the most BEAUTIFUL bronzed and lit-from-within glow. You'll look like you're about to step on to the red carpet!
- Surrat Releveé Eyelash Curler: If there's one part of my routine that makes a HUGE difference, it's curling your eyelashes. I find that Surrat Reveleé's curler does the best for my lashes- it's curved perfectly to give my eyes a lift, so much so that I (almost) don't need mascara.
- Diorshow Lash Primer: The use of a lash primer REALLY takes your lashes to the next level. When I use Diorshow, my lashes look longer and fuller when applying mascara, and I find that it even does a good job conditioning my lashes so that they look longer by themselves!
-Nude Lipstick: I'll admit, I'm a sucker for nude lipsticks. I can never have enough. It's my go-to lip look, and even when I have no makeup on at all, I feel more polished when I'm wearing it. My nude of choice? Tom Ford Sable Smoke or Charlotte Tilbury's Nude Kate. Both are absolutely fabulous, and the formula is so amazing that your lips will feel hydrated and more full after using it!
What is the most important part of your beauty routine?
This one for me is a no brainer. Just like you can't paint a lovely picture without a clean, fresh piece of paper, you can't look fabulous with makeup on unless you take care of your skin. You'll find if you are diligent about a skincare routine, whatever it may be, that your makeup will automatically look better and go on more smoothly. You'll also need less of it!
Who is your Celebrity Beauty Crush?
This question is also a no-brainer for me. She's probably the celebrity with the most polarized opinions attached to her, but hands down, mine is Kim Kardashian. When I was in second grade, all of the other kids were doing reports on presidents and inventors, and I was doing reports on Marilyn Monroe. I've always been drawn to Hollywood glamour. And Kim epitomizes this for me. She's the modern-day Marilyn Monroe (at least glamour-wise). I love that she's gone through a make-under in recent years. I find her current look to be fresh, flawless, and always glamorous. I admire her for always looking put together. I think it's so important for confidence, especially as a woman, to always try to look your best, and Kim is always on-point. She's stunning and timeless, and I admire her effort. I'm also obsessed with her makeup artist, Mario Dedanovic.
What are your some of your top beauty tips?
- Never underestimate the value of flawless skin. As I mentioned before, it's so important!
- Stick to what works for you. Recently, I've been trying too hard to experiment with different colors, especially when it comes to eye makeup, as I always gravitate towards neutrals. But you know, that's just not the look I'm comfortable in. Neutrals work on me! It's okay to step out of your comfort zone, but don't be afraid to stick to what works.
- Confidence is key. When you feel confident, you look confident. A confident woman is a force to be reckoned with. If you walk around like you're 100% sure of yourself, people will be sure about you as well. And when all else fails, pretend you're confident! Eventually, you will be!
- Have fun! There are so many serious things in life, beauty shouldn't be one of them. Have fun with your look, there's always makeup remover!
What products would you buy with $20 if you lost all your makeup?
So there are a couple of products that are an absolute MUST for me to look awake and ready to conquer the world. I need a mascara, some concealer, blush, and a nude lip... So if I lost all my makeup (my nightmare) and had to repurchase some items with only $20, here's what I would get:
- L'oreal Voluminous Mascara: It's the best of the drugstore brands, and some say it's the best mascara of all. It's ultra-black, non-clumping formula will give you perfect lashes (US $5.89 at Target).
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer: I've found this to be the best of the drugstore concealers for making me look awake, and covering my dark circles (US $7.99).
- Wet n Wild Megalast Lipstick in Bare It All: While the formula is far from perfect, this classic nude color is amazing. I always have a tube in my purse, and if I lose it it's no big deal! At $2.29, its super easy for me to go out and buy a new one.
- Essence Silky Touch blush in Autumn Peach: I love peachy colors for the cheeks, and Essence cosmetics makes some great bargain cosmetics, their blush being one of them. At $2.99, it's a no-brainer.
What are your favourite makeup brands?
So as a makeup lover, my collection has items from just about every brand you could possibly imagine. But my go-to brands where I (almost) always know I'll be getting quality products are the following:
Thanks so much, Jess! I can't wait to have your first official post featured soon!